Soy sauce is a very popular condiment used in Asian cuisine to add flavor and character to dishes. In recent years, growing awareness of dietary needs has led to the development of gluten-free variants, offering a wide range of options for those suffering from gluten intolerance. In this article, we’ll explore the traditional gluten-free soy sauce and the modern version made with small spheres, along with a delicious chicken with almonds in soy sauce recipe.
Traditional soy sauce is a blend of fermented soybeans and wheat, which can be problematic for people with gluten intolerance. Fortunately, there are gluten-free options that use alternative ingredients, such as rice or buckwheat, to ensure a savory experience without compromising compatibility with gluten-free diets. This variation still delivers the signature flavor we all love, making it perfect for marinades, dressings, and soups.
Spherical soy sauce is a relatively new culinary innovation that has captured the attention of culinary enthusiasts around the world. This modern form of soy sauce is a gelatinous sphere that encloses the sauce itself. Once chewed, the sphere breaks freeing the sauce and releasing an intense explosion of flavours. This unique form of soy sauce offers the same delicious taste experience as traditional soy sauce, but with a striking presentation that adds a touch of innovation to any dish.
But now it’s time for our tasty recipe: Chicken with Almonds in Soy Sauce
– 500g of chicken breast cut into cubes
– 1 cup of toasted almonds
– 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
– 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
– 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
– 3 minced garlic cloves
– 1 tablespoon of cane sugar
– 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
– 1 cup of broccoli cut into pieces
1. In a frying pan, heat the sesame oil and add the minced ginger and garlic. Sauté them until they release their aroma.
2. Add the diced chicken and cook until golden brown and cooked through.
3. Add traditional gluten-free soy sauce, brown sugar and rice vinegar. Mix well to cover all the chicken.
4. Add the toasted almonds and chopped broccoli, stirring constantly to distribute the ingredients evenly.
5. Cover the pan with a lid and simmer for a few minutes until the chicken is fully cooked through and the broccoli is tender.
6. Serve the Chicken with Almonds in Soy Sauce on a bed of rice or with noodles, garnishing the dish with a few soy sauce spheres for a striking presentation.
Traditional gluten-free soy sauce and modern soy sauce spheres represent two different but equally tasty approaches to enriching our dishes with the unmistakable umami flavor of soy. Culinary experiments such as the recipe for chicken with almonds in soy sauce show us how innovation in the kitchen can offer surprising and memorable experiences, enriching our meals with new and intriguing perspectives. Whether you are a lover of tradition or a curious experimenter, do not hesitate to explore the world of gluten-free soy sauce and culinary spheres to add a special touch to your favorite recipes.
Soy sauce: https://www.varvellointernational.com/laboratorio-gastromonico-varvello-973/